Perk up a palmier recipe with a helping of beetrot hummus. Perfect for dinner party nibbles.
Less than 30 mins preparation time
10 to 30 mins cooking time
- For the anchovy palmiers
- 20 salted anchovies
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 x 375g/13oz packet readymade puff pastry
- 1 free-range egg, beaten with a little salt (for glazing)
- For the beetroot hummus
- 1 x 400g/14oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 200g/7oz cooked beetroot
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 100ml/3Â½fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Place the anchovies, olive oil, garlic, parsley, lemon zest and juice into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Roll out the pastry to a 5mm/ Â¼in thickness. Spread over the anchovy mixture, leaving a 2.5cm/1in gap around the edge.
- Roll the two longest sides tightly towards each other until they meet in the middle. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Cut the filled pastry into 2.5cm/1in thick rounds. Place the palmiers onto a baking sheet cut-side up and brush with egg wash.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until risen and golden-brown.
- Meanwhile, for the beetroot hummus, place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove the palmiers from the oven and serve with the hummus.
Incoming search terms:
- anchovy hummus