- Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes
- Cuisine: Modern Australian
- Serves: 4
- Type: Seafood
- 1 whole snapper (1kg), scaled and gutted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- Â¼ bunch coriander
- banana leaves, to serve
- green mango relish
- 1Â½ tablespoons grated palm sugar or caster sugar
- 1Â½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1Â½ tablespoons lime juice
- 2 red asian shallots, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, julienned
- 1 green mango, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and finely chopped
Preheat your barbecue over a medium/high heat. Using scissors, trim off any of the fish’s fins and discard. Rub the fish with oil and fill the stomach cavity with lemons, kaffir leaves and coriander.
Put the fish on the barbecue and cook 8-10 minutes on both sides (cover with a barbecue lid or foil during cooking.
To make relish, melt the palm sugar in a small saucepan and add fish sauce, lime juice, shallots, chilli, coriander, lime leaves and mango. Serve with fish.