- Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes
- Healthy options: Nut free
- Type: Cake-Cup cake-Sponge cake
2. Beat all ingredients together in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Increase speed to medium and beat for 1 minute until mixture is smooth.
3. Spread mixture into a buttered and lined 20cm round cake pan and bake at 180Â°C for 1 hour, or until golden and cooked.
Serves: makes 1 x 20cm cake
Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked. Makes 18 cupcakes.
Orange and poppyseed cake
Add the grated rind of 1 orange and 1/2 cup poppy seeds to the cake mixture.
Before baking, press apple slices into the top of the cake, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Hints:To test if a cake is cooked, apply gentle pressure to the centre of the cake using your fingertips. If the cake springs back it is cooked. If it remains soft it will need longer. A cooked cake will also begin to come away from the sides of the pan.
All ingredients (including milk and eggs) must be at room temperature when making this cake.