- Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Type: Cake-Readers
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- Â¾ cup caster sugar
- Â½ cup milk
- 60g butter, melted
- ice-cream, to serve
- 1Â½ cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 30g butter, chopped
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180Â°C. Lightly grease a 6-cup baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together until smooth. Pour into dish.
- SAUCE: In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Stir over a low heat 1-2 minutes, until combined. Carefully pour sauce over mixture in dish. Bake 30-35 minutes, until puffed and golden. Serve with ice-cream.
- This pudding is best served warm, straight from the oven.