30 mins to 1 hour preparation time
30 mins to 1 hour cooking time
- 2 large or 4 small chicken breasts, skinned
- 1 tbsp whole coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed or grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 225g/8oz Puy lentils
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (stalks and leaves)
- 100g/4oz mixed salad leaves, such as rocket, baby beetroot, baby spinach and frisÃ©e
- 100g/4oz feta cheese, crumbled
- dash balsamic vinegar
- Using a sharp knife, make a few long shallow incisions on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add the ground coriander, garlic, a pinch of black pepper, two tablespoons of lemon juice and two tablespoons of the olive oil. Mix the marinade with the chicken in a bowl, making sure all the meat is evenly coated in the marinade. Allow to sit for about 30 minutes (or one hour if you have the time).
- Preheat the oven to 230C/450F/Gas 8.
- When the oven is hot, spread the chicken out on a baking tray and cook it for 15-30 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts. To ensure the chicken is cooked through, cut into the breast with a knife. Once cooked, take the chicken out of the oven and allow it to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the still-warm lentils in a saucepan, cover with water and boil for about 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- When cooked, drain the lentils then dress them with the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and chopped coriander, and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, slice the chicken thinly and toss with the lentils (they can be still warm) and the mixed salad leaves. Place on plates or in a large bowl and sprinkle with the crumbled feta and a small drizzle of balsamic vinegar.