- Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serves: 4
- Type: Salad
- 2 tablespoons uncooked jasmine rice
- 500g boneless skinless chicken breast, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 asian shallots, peeled and thinly diced
- Â½ bunch green onions, green part only, finely sliced
- 1 cup mint leaves, torn
- 1 cup coriander leaves, torn
- Â½ cup thai basil, leaves torn
Heat a frying pan over medium high heat. Add rice and cook, shaking pan continuously for 2-3 minutes or until rice is golden and toasted.
Remove from pan and cool completely. Grind in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle to achieve a coarse texture (not too fine). Set aside.
Mix the chicken with the cornflour so it is lightly coated.
Wipe out pan and heat over medium high heat. Add a touch of oil, add the chicken mince and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is cooked and crumbly.
Stir in lime juice and fish sauce, chilli, shallots, Thai basil, coriander and green onions, mix well. Cool.
Toss remaining ingredients and ground roasted rice through chicken mince.
Taste and adjust seasoning
Garnish with coriander and serve with sliced fresh cabbage or lettuce, green beans and sliced cucumber.