- Cooking time: Less than 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Type: Fish-Family-Budget-Easy-Seafood
- 400ml can coconut cream
- finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 x 120g firm white fish fillets
- (try hoki, basa, ling)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- steamed rice, shredded green onion, sliced red chilli, to serve
- In a large frying pan, combine coconut cream, lemon zest and juice, sauce, sugar, sambal oelek and garlic. Bring to the boil, stirring.
- Reduce heat to low and add fish. Cover and simmer gently, 8-10 minutes, until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer fish to a plate. Stir spinach through poaching liquid. Simmer 1 minute.
- Serve fish on a bed of rice. Drizzle with poaching liquid and top with green onion and sliced chilli.
- Accompany with stir-fried or steamed Asian greens of choice, drizzled with oyster sauce.