- Cooking time: Less than 15 minutes
- Cuisine: American
- Serves: 10 or more
- Type: Seafood-Cake
- 400g cooked crabmeat
- 1/3 cup (80ml) mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3-4 cups (330-440g) panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs) or fine breadcrumbs
- 40g-60g unsalted butter
- Coriander leaves, to serve
Lime & chilli mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250ml) mayonnaise
- Freshly squeezed juice and grated zest of 2 large limes
- Â½ cup (125ml) sweet chilli sauce
1 To make crab cakes, place crabmeat, mayonnaise, green onion and parsley in a bowl and mix to combine. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions and shape into patties. Dip each patty in beaten egg and coat in panko. Place coated patties on a tray and refrigerate for 30mins to firm up.
2 Heat 40g butter in non-stick frypan over moderate heat. Fry patties (in batches) for 6mins or until golden and cooked through, turning once, adding more butter to pan if needed.
3 To make lime and chilli mayonnaise, place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
4 Serve with a garnish of coriander leaves and lime and chilli mayonnaise on the side.