- Cooking time: Less than 30 minutes
- Serves: 10 or more
- Type: Biscuit-Budget-Cake
- 125g butter, softened
- 1â„2 cup icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 11â„2 tablespoons strong black coffee, cooled
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1â„2 cup wheaten cornflour
- Coffee Cream Filling
1. Preheat oven to 160 C /140 C fan-forced. Lightly grease a large baking tray.
2. Beat together butter, sugar and coffee using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in combined flour and cornflour, in 2 batches.
3. Shape level teaspoons of mixture into balls. Place, about 3cm apart, on prepared tray. With a floured fork, press balls to flatten partially. Chill for 10 minutes.
4. Bake 12-15 minutes until pale golden and firm. Cool 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Coffee cream filling
You can use this mixture to ice a loaf cake or to sandwich two sponge layers together.
Makes about 1 cup
Preparation: 5 minutes
50g butter, softened
11â„4 cups sifted icing sugar mixture
1 tablespoon strong black coffee, cooled
2 teaspoons ground coffee
1-2 teaspoons coffee-flavoured liqueur (optional)
Beat together butter, sugar, coffee, coffee powder and liqueur (if using).