- Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes
- Cuisine: American
- Serves: 2
- Type: Budget-Soup-Fish-Family
- 40g butter
- 1 large (200g) brown onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 (130g) rindless bacon rashers,
- chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 medium (400g) potatoes, chopped coarsely
- 3 cups (750ml) milk
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock
- 400g boneless firm white fish fillets, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion, garlic and bacon, stirring, until onion softens.
Add flour to pan; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add potato, milk and stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes or until potato is tender.
Add fish; simmer, uncovered, for about 4 minutes or until fish is just cooked. Serve soup sprinkled with chives. Accompany with crusty white bread, if desired.
Incoming search terms:
- norwegian fish chowder