- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Serves: 6
- Type: Salad
- 500g beef sirloin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tbps fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Pinch salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar, salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch watercress
Place beef in a bowl with garlic, fish sauce, sugar, salt and 1 tbsp oil. Combine well, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
For salad, combine ingredients in a bowl and transfer to a serving plate.
Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan or wok over high heat. Remove beef from refrigerator, add to the pan with marinade ingredients and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes, turning the beef once for medium rare. Add to salad, toss well and serve immediately.