How to make a creamy cup of hot chocolate, perfect for a cold winterâ€™s day.
Less than 30 mins preparation time
Less than 10 mins cooking time
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped out
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 litre/1Â¾ pints milk
- 150g/5Â½oz plain chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- sugar, to taste
- freshly grated nutmeg, for dusting
- Heat the vanilla pod and seeds, cinnamon stick and milk in a saucepan until boiling.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate pieces, stirring until the chocolate melts.
- Whisk the hot chocolate vigorously until frothy on top and add sugar, to taste. Serve with a dusting of nutmeg.