- 1Â½ cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- Â¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup water
- Â¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g lactose-free dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free butter
- Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160Â°C. Lightly grease and line a round 20cm cake pan with baking paper.
- Sift flour and cocoa together into a bowl. Add sugar, water, oil and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat 3-4 minutes to remove lumps.
- Pour into pan. Bake 45-50 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- GANACHE: Place chocolate and butter in a heat-resistant bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Heat, stirring, until melted. Cool slightly. Spread over cake.
- Lactose-free chocolate is available from the health food section of your supermarket.