- Cooking time: Less than 30 minutes
- Cuisine: Asian
- Healthy options: Healthy
- Serves: 4
- Type: Budget-Soup
- 180g jar laksa paste
- 6 cups vegetable or fish stock
- 400g can light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 500g boneless white fish, cut into 3cm pieces
- 150g snow peas, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 250g packet rice vermicelli noodles
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 125g fresh bean sprouts, rinsed and trimmed
- 1â„4 cup coriander leaves, plus extra, to serve
- Lime or lemon wedges, to serve
2. Add fish and simmer 3-5 minutes until nearly cooked. Add snow peas; simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Pour boiling water over noodles in a large bowl; stand for 5 minutes, drain and place into serving bowls. Add onion, sprouts and coriander. Ladle laksa carefully over the noodles; serve with extra coriander and lime or lemon wedges.
Shop for bargains on any firm, boneless, skinned fillets, such as hake, ling or flathead. Laksa pastes vary in flavour and heat. Add a fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped, if you like.