- Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes
- Serves: 10 or more
- Type: Cake
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180Â°C. Lightly grease and line two oven trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Sift flour and custard powder together and gently fold into creamed mixture.
- Roll level tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Arrange 3cm apart on trays. Flatten lightly with the back of a spoon (lightly dusted in flour). Press a deep thumbprint into the centre of each biscuit.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden. Cool on tray 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drop a teaspoonful of lemon curd into centre of each biscuit to serve. Store in an airtight container.
- Custard drops can be filled with jam if you prefer.