- 18 large (800g) uncooked prawns
- 12 (300g) small black mussels
- 18 scallops
- 3 Â½ cups (875ml) salt-reduced chicken or fish stock
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, sliced thinly
- 4 small red chillies, seeded, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups (400g) arborio rice
- Â½ cup (125ml) dry white wine
- Â¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Peel and devein the prawns, leaving tails intact. Scrub the mussels well and remove the beards. Pat scallops dry.
Combine stock and water in a medium pan; bring to the boil then reduce the heat.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan, cook onion, chilli and garlic, stirring, until onion is soft but not coloured. Add rice, cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Add wine, cook, stirring, until all liquid is evaporated. Add Â½ cup (125ml) of the hot stock mixture, cook, stirring, over low-medium heat until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the stock mixture in Â½ cup batches until the rice is just tender. Total cooking time will be about 25 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
Meanwhile, cook seafood on a heated, oiled grill plate (or heavy-based frying pan) in batches, until just cooked through and mussels are opened.
Top the risotto with the seafood and the chopped parsley.
Not suitable to freeze.
Not suitable to microwave