- Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes
- Type: Easy-Family-Kids
- Olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250g frozen spinach, thawed
- 150g low-fat ricotta
- 75g low-fat fetta, diced
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 8 sheets fresh or frozen filo pastry
- Poppy or sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
2. Place 1 sheet of filo on a board and lightly spray with oil. Top with 2 more sheets and lightly spray. Add 2 more sheets, then spray. Top with remaining sheets and spray. Cut stack into 8 squares.
3. Press a square into each hole of a 6-hole Texas muffin tray. Divide spinach mixture between cups. Separate remaining pastry squares to make tops for pies. Scatter with seeds. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm and golden. Serve with salad.
Keep the fat content down; try spraying every second or third sheet of filo with oil. Leftover filo squares can be divided and used to top pies.