Hot and cool flavours make this dip so moreish. Perfect as the start to an Indian meal.
Less than 30 mins preparation time
Less than 10 mins cooking time
- For the naan bread
- 225g/8oz plain flour
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- pinch salt
- Â½ tsp baking powder
- 125ml/4Â½fl oz milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- For the dip
- To serve
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- For the naan bread, sift together all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Mix the milk and vegetable oil in a jug and pour into the dry ingredients. Combine the mixture and knead on a clean work surface for 6â€“8 minutes.
- Place the dough into a bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile for the dip, place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Garnish with sesame seeds and set to one side while you make the naan breads.
- Divide the dough into 4-6 balls and roll them out on a floured work surface into circles..
- Rub the dough circles with oil and place into a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat for for 1â€“2 minutes on each side. (You may need to do this in batches.)
- Brush the bread with melted butter and serve immediately with the squash and tahini dip.