This homemade coconut ice cream doesn’t need an ice cream machine or churning by hand – perfect for hot lazy days.
Overnight preparation time
No cooking required cooking time
- 125ml/4fl oz pineapple juice, from a carton
- 80ml/3Â¼fl oz white coconut-flavoured rum, such as Malibu
- generous few drops coconut flavouring
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 100g/3Â½oz icing sugar
- 500ml/17fl oz double cream
- 75g/3oz sweetened shredded coconut (available online), to serve
- Pour the pineapple juice and coconut rum into a large bowl and add the coconut flavouring and lime juice.
- Add the icing sugar and whisk to dissolve.
- Whisk in the cream and keep whisking until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed.
- Taste to see if you need more coconut flavouring or a squeeze more lime juice (and remember that the flavour wonâ€™t be as strong when frozen), then spoon and smooth the ice cream into an airtight container and freeze overnight.
- On serving, toast the sweetened shredded coconut in a hot, dry pan until just turning golden, then remove to a bowl. Sprinkle a little over each personâ€™s portion and leave the rest for people to add as they eat.