- Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Type: Cake
- 825g can pear slices or halves, drained, roughly chopped
- 250g tub smooth ricotta
- 1â„2 cup sultanas
- 1â„2 cup chopped walnuts
- Grated zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 11â„3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 6 sheets chilled Antoniou Fillo pastry
- Light olive oil cooking spray
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Ice-cream or cream, to serve (optional)
2. Place 1 sheet Fillo on a flat surface; lightly spray with oil. Lay another sheet on top and spray. Repeat until all sheets are stacked.
3. Spread pear mixture along one long edge of stack, leaving a 5cm border. Fold in short ends and roll up. Place log on tray, seam side down. Cut a few diagonal slits, not quite through pastry, with a sharp knife. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Serve warm or cold with icecream or cream.
Use a food processor to crumb 1-2 slices sandwich bread for soft crumbs.