- Cooking time: More than 2 hours
- Cuisine: American
- Serves: 4
- 2kg American-style pork spare ribs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) hoi sin sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup water
1. Cut the ribs into individual pieces.
2. In a large plastic resealable bag, combine the remaining ingredients with the water. Add the ribs; seal the bag. Place the bag in a bowl; refrigerate for several hours or overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
3. Preheat the oven to 170Â°C (150Â°C fan-forced). Place the ribs in a large baking dish, reserving the marinade. Cover the dish with foil; bake for 1 1/2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, transfer the reserved marinade to a small pan. Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until marinade is reduced by half.
5. Remove the foil from the dish; brush ribs with the marinade. Bake, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes or until the marinade is dark and sticky.
6. Serve ribs with potato wedges and salad, if desired.
Uncooked marinated ribs suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.