Dim sum of steamed prawn parcels are served with two types of spicy dip â€“ a great starter for sharing.
Less than 30 mins preparation time
10 to 30 mins cooking time
- For the dips
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- For the prawn dim sum
- For the dips, place the soy sauce, sesame oil and one of the chopped red chillies into a clean bowl and whisk together.
- Meanwhile, place the rice vinegar, sugar and the remaining one chopped red chilli into a pan and heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and allow to cool, then pour into a clean bowl.
- For the prawn dim sum, place the prawns into a small food processor and blend to a purÃ©e. Transfer to a bowl, add all the other ingredients, except the dim sum wrappers, and mix thoroughly.
- Place the wrappers onto a clean work surface and place a small spoonful of prawn mixture in the centre of each wrapper. Fold the wrappers over the prawn mixture to create a semi-circle. Press the edges of the wrapper together with damp fingers to seal the wrapper parcels and crimp the edges.
- Place the parcels into a bamboo steamer over a pan of simmering water and cover. Steam for 4-5 minutes, or until the prawn mixture is completely cooked through. Remove from the steamer and serve immediately.
- To serve, place the dim sum onto a serving plate with both bowls of dips alongside.