- Cooking time: Less than 30 minutes
- Cuisine: Asian-Malaysian
- Serves: 8
- Type: Easy-Curry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs (1 kg) store-bought roasted chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 oz (250 g) streaky smoked pork or bacon, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- Â½ cup (125 ml) Sambal Oelek Chili Paste (you should be able to find it at any decent supermarket or Asian grocery store) or other sweet chili paste with dried shrimp paste added
- Â½ tablespoon sweet thick soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 potatoes, peeled and parboiled, then drained and sliced into chunks
- Fresh juice of 1 line
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a wok and stir-fry the chicken and port over medium-high heat until crisp, 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside. Add the remaining oil to the wok and stir-fry the onion and sambal over medium heat for 1-2 minute until fragrant. Remove from the heat.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the lime juice, in a large saucepan or pot and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the sauce reduces. Season with the lime juice and remove from the heat. Serve immediately with bread and steamed rice. This dish also goes well with a tasty salad.