- Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Type: Cake
- Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160Â°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and sugar. Set aside 1 hour.
- Working with one sheet of filo at a time, brush ends with butter, sprinkle with extra sugar and layer together.
- Cut pastry into 12 equal rectangles. Arrange on tray. Cover with baking
paper and top with a second tray to weigh down. Bake 8-10 minutes, until crisp and golden. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer rhubarb mixture to a medium saucepan. Stir on low heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer 3-4 minutes, until rhubarb is just softened. Cool.
- Spoon 1 heaped tablespoon each of custard and rhubarb onto 4 pastry crisps. Repeat layers once, finishing with pastry.
- Rhubarb can be replaced with a 300g packet of mixed frozen berries â€“ reduce cooking time by 2 minutes. You could also use sliced fresh trawberries.
Incoming search terms:
- mille feuille recipe custard