- Cooking time: Less than 30 minutes
- Cuisine: Asian-Malaysian
- Serves: 8
- Type: Easy
- 8 cups (2L) water, plus Â½ cup (125ml) extra
- 1Â½ cups (300g) sago pearls
- 1 eggwhite
- Â¾ cup (200g) palm sugar, chopped
- 1/3 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- Diced fresh fruit, to serve
2 In a clean bowl, beat eggwhite with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sago, stir to combine and pour into an 8-cup capacity ring-shaped jelly mould. Refrigerate for 2hrs or until set.
3 Place palm sugar in a saucepan with Â½ cup water. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Add caster sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove saucepan from heat and strain syrup through a fine sieve.
4 Turn sago ring out onto a serving plate and fill centre with fresh fruit. Cut into wedges and drizzle each serve generously with warm sugar syrup and coconut milk.