- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serves: 4
- 2 well-chilled skinless John Dory fillets
- 1 cup (loosely packed) chrysanthemum leaves (see note)
- 1 tsp pickled ginger, thinly sliced
Sea lettuce salt
- 1 tsp dried sea lettuce flakes (see note)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Â½ tsp sea salt flakes
Ginger soy dressing
- 65 ml peanut oil
- 25 ml Healthy Boy soy sauce (see note)
- 25 ml ginger vinegar (see note)
- 1 tsp white balsamic
Prep time 10 mins
“Steve Feletti, the oyster man behind Moonlight Flat Oysters in Batemans Bay, dries sea lettuce for us, and it’s amazing. It’s an umami bomb.”
For sea lettuce salt, combine ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
For ginger soy dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground white pepper and set aside. Makes 120ml.
Slice John Dory fillets into 2mm-thick long strips and arrange on a chilled plate. Dress chrysanthemum leaves in a bowl with a few drops of ginger soy dressing, then scatter over and around fish with pickled ginger. Drizzle with 2 tsp ginger soy dressing (or to taste), season to taste with sea lettuce salt and serve. Remaining ginger soy dressing will keep refrigerated for 2 weeks.