- Cooking time: More than 1 hour
- Serves: 4
- Type: Seafood
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots, sliced or chopped
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- 750ml (3 cups) chicken stock (or substitute water if preferred)
- 1 & 1/2 cup of canned haricot beans
- 1 lemon, rind grated
- 1 tsp saffron threads, soaked in 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1kg fillet blue eye cod, cut into chunks lightly salted for 20 minutes
- 1kg black mussels, cleaned and bearded and steamed open
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Saute onion and garlic until soft and translucent, then add the carrot, tomatoes and stock.
Add the herbs and lemon rind and simmer covered for Â½ hour.
Cube the fish, add to braising liquid with the mussels and continue to simmer for a further 1/2 hour.
Once fish has cooked and mussels have opened, scatter with chopped parsley and serve with a bitter green salad and crusty fresh bread.
Incoming search terms:
- seafood cassoulet
- cassoulet fish
- Seafood Cassoulette