- Cooking time: Less than 30 minutes
- Cuisine: Asian
- Healthy options: Healthy-Lactose free
- Serves: 4
- Type: Seafood
- 50g raw peanuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced green chilies, (the hotter the better), optional
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons Vietnamese mint
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 50g dried Chinese rice noodles, blanched in salted water, drained and rinsed in cold water
- 4 x 150g white fish fillets, (Dhufish, snapper, red emperor, groper, cod)
- olive oil, for frying
Dry roast the peanuts until they are golden. Blend peanuts with ginger, chilli and garlic in a mortar or food processor.
Add the herbs and half the oil and blend to a paste. Add sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice and continue blending.
Add remaining oil slowly until all has been used. Toss with noodles.
Fry fish until just cooked. Serve on top of salad.