- 180 gm soba noodles
- Â½ Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 5 gm (1cm) piece of young ginger, finely grated
- 1 telegraph cucumber, cut into julienne
Ponzu and sesame dressing
- 60 ml (Â¼ cup) tamari soy sauce
- 3 tsp each mirin and rice wine vinegar
- 3 tsp bonito flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp tahini, or to taste
For ponzu and sesame dressing (see note), combine tamari, mirin, vinegar and bonito in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, remove from heat and set aside to cool (5-10 minutes). Strain through a fine sieve (discard solids), stir through remaining ingredients, set aside.
Meanwhile, cook soba noodles in a saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender (3-5 minutes), drain and refresh under cold running water, then drain well.
Arrange cabbage on a platter. Combine soba noodles, ginger and dressing in a bowl, toss well to combine and place on top of the cabbage, then scatter over cucumber, spring onion and sesame seeds and serve.