- Cooking time: Less than 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Type: Fish-Family-Budget-Easy-Seafood-Soup
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 200g firm white boneless fish
- 1 bunch buk choy, trimmed, leaves and stems separated
- 425g can baby corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- beansprouts, coriander leaves, sliced
- red chilli, lime wedges, to serve
- Place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside 5 minutes, until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan on medium. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Blend in stock and coconut milk. Simmer gently, 4-5 minutes. Add fish, buk choy stems and baby corn. Simmer 2-3 minutes, until fish is just cooked through. Stir fish sauce and sugar through. Add buk choy leaves and remove from heat.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls and ladle over soup. Top with a small amount of beansprouts, coriander and chilli, to serve. Accompany with lime wedges.
- For wasabi mayonnaise, combine 1/3 cup whole egg mayonnaise with 1-2 teaspoons wasabi paste.