- Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes
- Cuisine: Modern Australian
- Healthy options: Healthy
- Type: Seafood
- coconut and basil sauce
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, outer leaves trimmed and finely chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- Â¼ cup coriander leaves
- Â¼ cup Thai basil leaves
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, chopped
- 100ml coconut cream
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 x 200g snapper fillets, skin on
- cucumber relish
- 125ml rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lebanese cucumber, deseeded and julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 3 green onions, trimmed and julienned
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and julienned
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, coarsely ground
- steamed rice to serve
Place all sauce ingredients into the bowl of a food processor except the coconut milk and lime juice, process until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
Tear 4 square pieces of foil large enough to encase fish. Place a fish fillet into the centre of each and spread with Â¼ of the paste; wrap to enclose.
Place fish parcels into a large steamer and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, place vinegar and sugar into a small pan and simmer for 5 minutes until the sugar has completely dissolved.
Place remaining relish ingredients into a medium bowl, pour over vinegar and stir to combine.
Remove fish from parcel and serve with cucumber relish.