Make sure you add a Swiss roll to your recipe repertoire â€“ it’s easy and looks impressive.
Less than 30 mins preparation time
Less than 10 mins cooking time
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.Grease and line a 23cm x 30cm/9in x 12in Swiss roll tin
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Fold in the flour and spoon the mixture into the tin. Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until light and springy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and turn the sponge out onto another piece of greaseproof paper.
- For the filling, spread the jam onto the sponge and then spread with the cream, leaving a small gap around the edges.
- Place a row of raspberries along one edge, lengthways. Roll the sponge to cover the raspberries and repeat the process until all of the raspberries have been used.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.