- Cuisine: Italian
- Serves: 4
- Type: Bread-Fish
- 4 swordfish steaks (about 200gm each), cut across the tail section
- 40 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- To serve: lemon wedges
- 70 gm (1 cup) coarse fresh breadcrumbs from day-old crusty white bread
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind of Â½ lemon
Zucchini and mint
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 green zucchini, cut into small wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (firmly packed) mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp each (firmly packed) oregano and flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice from Â½ lemon
For gremolata crumbs, preheat oven to 180C. Combine ingredients in a bowl, season to taste, then scatter over a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden (10-15 minutes). Transfer to a bowl, season to taste and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, season swordfish to taste, then add to pan with butter and half the oil and cook, turning once, until golden and almost cooked through (3-5 minutes each side). Keep warm.
Meanwhile, for zucchini and mint, heat oil in a frying pan, add zucchini and garlic and sautÃ© until just tender (2-4 minutes), add herbs and stir to combine, then add lemon rind and juice and season to taste. Serve swordfish topped with gremolata crumbs, with zucchini and mint and lemon wedges to the side.