- Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Serves: 6
- 1kg pork neck
- Â½ cup oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon anise powder
- 4 pink radish, julienned
- 1 lebanese cucumber, skin on, seeds removed and julienned
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 4 spring onion, thinly sliced on diagonal
- Â½ cup coriander leaves
- Â½ cup mint leaves
- dried rice paper sheets and chopped peanuts, to serve
- banana leaves, to serve
- Dipping sauce
- 1 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
To make dipping sauce, combine all ingredients and refrigerate until cold.
Place pork in a large bowl. Add oyster sauce, pepper and anise, toss well to combine. Refrigerate for as long as possible.
Heat a barbecue plate, grill pan or frying pan over a medium heat. Add pork and cook turning occasionally for 20 minutes or until browned all over and just cooked through. Stand for 10 minutes to rest before slicing.
To serve, arrange vegetables and dipping sauce on a serving platter. Place a baking dish filled with warm-hot water on centre of table. Soak rice papers one or two at a time until just soft. Remove from water a place onto banana leaf. Fill with desired amount of vegetables, pork and peanuts; roll up to enclose. Dip or drizzle with dipping sauce.