港式炸醬麵 Hong Kong ‘Zha Jiang’ Noodles
Friday, February 21, 2014
I never know that Hong Kong have their own version of 'Zha Jiang Mein' till I found out the recipe from Christine Recipes :D How is it different from other versions like 上海炸酱面 (Shanghai)，台湾炸酱面 (Taiwan)，韩国炸酱面 (Korea)? My kids absolutely adored this Hong Kong 炸酱面 as it tasted sweet and tangy as tomato sauce and tomato paste are used.
Recipe source : Christine Recipes
- 300gm pork fillet, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- fresh egg noodles
- sesame oil
- spring onion, diced
- 1.5 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp chinese wine
- dash of pepper
Sauce : mix together except cornflour thickener
- 300ml water
- 4 tbsp chilli bean paste
- 6 tbsp ketchup
- 1.5 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp chili oil
- cornflour thickener (3 tsp cornflour + 3 tbsp water)
- Marinate the pork for at least 30mins.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute garlic until fragrant.
- Add in pork and stir fry until the meat turns white.
- Pour in the sauce ingredients and bring it to boil. Simmer for about 5 mins. Add in cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce. Turn off heat.
- Blanch egg noodle in boiling water for about 1-2 mins. Drain well and toss in some sesame oil.
- Ladle some meat sauce over the noodle, garnish with spring onion and serve immediately.