豉油皇炒麵 Supreme Soy Sauce Fried Noodles
Monday, February 24, 2014
The pack of fresh egg noodle I've bought weighed 400gm which is enough for me to serve over 2 meals ;) To clear the other half of the noodle I tried out another simple stir-fried noodle from Christine Recipes again! I never tried using fresh egg noodle for frying and it turns out surprisingly good. The noodle tasted springy (will lose its springiness if over cooked during parboiled) and each strand is well coated with the savory soy sauce. No wonder this fried noodles is so well liked by the Hongkongners whereby they can have it every morning as breakfast! But I do not mind having a plate of this noodle anytime of the day hahaha....
Recipe source : Christine Recipes
- 200gm fresh egg noodle
- 100gm trimmed bean sprouts
- 40gm spring onion, chopped into 3" length
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 thumb sized ginger, shredded
- 1 shallot, sliced
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 tbsp water
- 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- sesame oil to taste
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to rolling boil. Blanch noodles for 1-2 mins until just cook. Do not overcook as it will turn mushy. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat some oil in wok over high heat. Stir fry bean sprouts and spring onion until slightly softened. Dish up and set aside.
- Add in 2 tbsp oil in the same wok. Saute ginger and shallot until fragrant. Add in onion and stir fry till translucent.
- Toss in noodles and mix evenly. Sprinkle the sauce gradually and stir fry till the sauce is well blended with the noodle. Adjust taste accordingly. Add in bean sprouts and spring onion and quickly toss to combine. Dish up. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.