瑞士鸡翼 Swiss Wings
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
No matter how old are you, am sure you will love this braised sweet soy chicken wings! Unlike the usual braised wings I've done before, this Swiss Wings recipe does not require any spices like cinnamon, star anise or tangerine peel to enhance the taste. Just a couple slices of ginger and spring onion plus good quality soy sauce and lots of rock sugar will do :D Sounds simple enough right? It is fast and simple to prepare and also super yummylicious as they were all gone within minutes when the dish reached the dining table ^0^.
Recipe source : Wendyinkk
- 12 pcs chicken mid-wings
- 1 medium bowl icy cold water (enough to submerge all the wings)
- 200gm brown rock sugar
- 100gm Lee Kum Kee dark soy sauce
- 60gm Lee Kum Kee light soy sauce
- 2 tsp Shaoxing wine
- 2 cups water
- 1 non msg stock cube
- 2 spring onion, white part
- 5 slices ginger
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Put in mid-wings and cook for 1 minute or until the skin firms up.
- Drain away water and dunk them into the cold water immediately. Let them sit in the cold water for 5 mins.
- Combine the poaching liquid ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer until the rock sugar has all melted.
- Remove the ginger and spring onion and put in the mid-wings. Let it gently simmer for 15 mins. (no high heat used to bring back to boil)
- Remove the wings from the poaching liquid and serve.
Note : The poaching can be reheated and use to cook for subsequent batch of mid-wings.