碗仔翅 Wan Zai Chee
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
This is another hearty one dish meal my family enjoys a lot :D This used to be a popular street food in Hong Kong, but now they are usually available in most local eateries. When I told my the other half that I'm cooking 碗仔翅 aka. Imitation Shark Fin Soup and he thought there is real fins added inside. hahaha sorry only bean vermicelli 粉丝 as substitute ^0^ and he gave me an amusing look.....speechless
Recipe source : Christine Recipes
- 80gm chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 80gm lean pork, thinly sliced
- 40gm dried shitake mushroom, softened & thinly sliced
- 20gm black fungus, softened & thinly shredded
- 60gm bean vermicelli, softened & roughly shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 cups water
- 1 chicken stock cube (non msg)
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- sesame oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp water chestnut powder ，马蹄粉
- 4 tbsp water
- Marinate chicken & lean pork lightly with 1/2 tsp sesame oil, dash of pepper, 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp cornflour. Set aside.
- Place water and stock cube into a medium pot. Bring to boil.
- Add in meat, mushroom and black fungus. Return to boil and cook for 3 mins.
- Add in soaked bean vermicelli and cook briefly. Add in dark soy sauce and seasoning.
- Dissolve water chestnut powder with 4 tbsp water and drizzle into the pot. Bring to boil till thickens.
- Drizzle over beaten egg and stir lightly. Turn off heat immediately.
- Ladle into small bowl, add in some dark vinegar (浙醋), extra pepper and sesame oil if desired and serve immediately.