Chocolate Olive Oil Cake (Nigella)
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
This is another chocolate cake I really really adore as it is butter-free and flourless! Sounds really healthy yah? ^0^ Even my two kids enjoyed this chocolate cake too thus the cake was completely wiped off by the 2nd day!
I've thought made a right choice of using a round base 8" pan :D After unmoulding the cake onto the serving plate, it revealed a rounded edge surface which it looked rather cute :D
Recipe source : Nigella.com
- 150ml olive oil
- 50gm unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 125ml boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 150gm ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 150gm sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Combine cocoa powder with boiling water and whisk till smooth. Add in vanilla paste, cool down.
- Combine ground almond, baking soda and salt.
- Place sugar, oil and eggs in a mixing bowl. Using a electric whisk, beat for 3 minutes until the mixture has aerated and thickened.
- Lower speed and beat in cocoa mixture. Tip in almond mixture and beat briefly.
- Scrape the mixture into a lined 8" cake pan. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 45 mins.
- Cool in pan for 10mins. Gently loosen the edge with a spatula and turn the cake onto a serving plate. Leave to cool completely or serve while still warm.
I'm linking this post to Cook Like A Star, All-Stars Anniversary Party, hosted by Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids, Mich of Piece of Cake and Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.