Dak Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Chicken)
Saturday, April 19, 2014
You should be familiar with this Bulgogi dish as is quite commonly found at the usual food court whereby it is served in a sizzling hot plate with some side dishes and a bowl of rice. For me I like to have it in the Korean way ie...wrap the grilled meat with fresh lettuce and pop the whole thing into the mouth! hahaha.....
- 300gm skinless chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- dash of black pepper
- 4 tbsp juice from grated Korean Pear
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- Marinate chicken slices in seasoning A for at least 1 hour, or overnight in fridge.
- Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in pan.
- Drain meat from seasoning and pan fry over medium high heat till thoroughly cooked through.
- For spicy version, add in a tbsp of gochujang, korean chilli pepper paste.
- Toss in spring onion and sesame seeds and mix evenly before dishing up. Serve with fresh lettuce.