Kimchi Jigae 김치 찌개 (Kimchi Stew)
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Jigae means stew in Korean, is really a hearty and satisfying one pot dish if you adore spicy food! No need other side dishes, just a big bowl of rice is enough ^0^
Recipe source : NoRecipes.com (with modifications)
- 150gm boneless, skinless chicken thigh meat, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- thumb-sized ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp apple lemon soy sauce
- 100 gm onion, thinly sliced
- 200gm kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup kimchi juice
- 1.5 cup water
- 2 tsp gochujang, korean chilli paste
- 2 tsp doengjang, korean bean paste
- 1.5 tbsp gochugaru, korean chilli flake
- 250gm silken tofu, sliced
- spring onion, sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Marinate chicken with garlic, ginger and soy sauce.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium pot until hot. Add in chicken and fry for 2 mins.
- Add in onions and kimchi and sauté till mixture is very fragrant.
- Add in kimchi juice, water, gochujang and doengjang, stir and bring to boil. Add in gochugaru.
- Add in tofu and turn down heat and simmer for 15 mins until chicken and kimchi are tender.
- Add in spring onion, sesame seeds and butter and give a quick stir. Serve immediately along with a bowl of rice.
I am linking this post to Asian Food Fest : Korea ( April 2014 ) hosted by Feats off Feasts