Kongguksu 콩국수 (Cold Soy Milk Noodle Soup)
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
What a humid and hot weather! Feeling much better after slurping down a bowl of cooling bowl of noodle soup! It is fast and simple to make soy milk from scratch if you own a soy milk maker :D Fret not if you do not own one, just grab a packet of good unsweetened soy milk from the supermarket and you will be able to enjoy this light and refreshing cold soy milk noodle soup in minutes :D
- 100gm dried soybeans, soaked in cold water overnight
- 12 whole almonds, toasted
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 270gm buckwheat soba
- 1.5 tsp salt or to taste
- shredded cucumber & cherry tomatoes for garnish
- Drain the soybeans you have soaked overnight and put them in a soybean milk maker together with the almonds and sesame seeds and add in 4 cups water. Prepare accordingly to the instructions of your soybean milk maker.
- When the milk is ready, strained the pulp and add in salt to taste. Chill in fridge while preparing the noodles.
- Boil water in a large pot and add the noodles. Stir briefly and cook for a few minutes. Drain away hot water and rinse the noodles in cold water.
- Place noodle into individual serving bowl and ladle in adequate chilled soybean broth. Garnish with shredded cucumber and tomato and add in some ice cubes if desired.