Quick Calamari with Garlic Mayo
Monday, April 7, 2014
'Nigella Express' by Nigella Lawson is one of my favourite recipe book of all! Most recipes featured inside are all quick to whip up yet not comprising the taste. Like this Quick Calamari....instead of using fresh squid which requires cleaning and removing the slimy membrane, frozen sliced squid was used instead! How convenient isn't it? For the batter, instead of normal plain flour, semolina is used and it really gives a crunchy crust.
Recipe source : 'Nigella Express' by Nigella Lawson
- 1 pack 400gm, thawed sliced squid
- 1/4 cup semolina
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- lemon wedges
- Heat some oil in a small saucepan till hot.
- Put the semolina, flour, salt and paprika in a zip log bag.
- Add the calamari rings and then toss to coat.
- When oil is hot enough, fry the calamari in batch till golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen papers.
- Mix the grated garlic with mayonnaise and serve immediately with the fried calamari with spitz of lemon juice.