Seafood White Mee Hoon 海鲜百米粉
Thursday, May 25, 2017
Wholesome plate of homemade seafood white hoon! I can pile up as much seafood as I like! hahaha Seafood overdose....
Clear my last box of homemade collagen stock. I can't describe to you how smooth and sweet the broth tasted together with all the seafood added! It just tasted superb! Not a difficult dish to prepare as long as the seafood are fresh!
- 500gm slipper lobster
- 500gm white clams
- 300gm fresh squid
- 8 large prawns
- 200gm napa cabbage, sliced
- 250gm dried vermicelli (chilli brand)
- 3 large cloves, minced
- 6 slices ginger, thinly sliced
- 6 cups homemade collagen stock
- 2 tbsp Chinese wine
- 3 tbsp fish sauce, or to taste
- pepper to taste
- cornflour mixture for thickening
- coriander leaves, for garnishing
- crispy pork lardon, for garnishing
- Preparing the seafood : Soak the white clams in salted water for at least 1 hour. Clean the slipper lobster thoroughly. Chop lengthwise into halve. Remove the head and internal organs of the squid. Peel off the outer film. Rinse thoroughly and cut into slices. Trim the prawns and rinse thoroughly.
- Soak the vermicelli for 10 mins. Drain away water.
- Heat 2 tbsp pork lard in a hot wok. Add in ginger slices and fry till lightly brown. Add in minced garlic. Fry briefly.
- Add in slipper lobster and fry over medium high heat. Add in prawns and fry till prawn almost turn pink. Remove the prawn and set aside. (I do not want to overcook the prawn therefore remove it before adding the rest of the ingredients)
- Add in clams and mix well. Toss in napa cabbage.
- Add the stock and bring to boil. Cover wok with a lid and simmer for 5 mins.
- Remove lid. Add in sliced squid, prawns and softened meehoon. Mix well.
- Add in Chinese wine, fish sauce and pepper to taste. Let the mixture simmer over medium high heat for 5 mins so that the meehoon can absorb the flavour well. Stir in cornstarch mixture to thicken the gravy.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.