Saturday, June 17, 2017
Still exploring various ways of using my herman starter which I need to harvest it weekly. Guess is time for me to take a break with this herman starter for the coming weeks as I will be busier with new school term starting! Besides this herman focaccia I'm sharing today, I've attempted several recipes using herman starter which turned out well. I will slowly share it on my blog if time permits. Meanwhile let's enjoy these two lovely herman focaccia : Rosemary & Garlic Focaccia and Cheese & Onion Focaccia!
Soft & fluffy crumbs!
Hearty focaccia served along with creamy mushroom soup!
Proofing overnight till double in bulk
- 1 cup herman starter
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 500gm bread flour
toppings for Rosemary & Garlic Focaccia :
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
toppings for Onion & Cheese Focaccia :
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- Combine herman starter, water, salt and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Add flour and mix with a spatula until a soft dough is formed. Fold the soft dough for a few minutes. The dough will be sticky. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and allow it to ferment for at least 12 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Lined 2 baking sheet. Carefully divide the dough into 2 portions. Turn the dough out onto each baking sheet. Spread out the dough gently by pressing the dough. Floured your hands for eased of handling as the dough may be sticky. Use your fingers to create indentations on top of the dough.
- Drizzle tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle the toppings over. Let the dough rest for 30 mins.
- Bake in preheated oven at 220 deg cel for 25-30 mins until golden brown. Serve warm.