Potato & Pumpkin Marmite Gratin
Saturday, June 10, 2017
This is another dish infused with marmite! Marmite...either you hate it or love it! You belong to which group? ^0^ Personally we really enjoyed this light and creamy dish.
- 350gm potatoes
- 200gm pumpkin
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1.5 cups fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp fresh thymes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp marmite
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning powder
- Peel and slice potato and pumpkin thinly. Arrange them in a oven proof casserole.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add flour and fry over low heat till lightly brown for about 5 mins. Pour in milk, stirring at the same time, and bring to a simmer.
- Add in thyme, pepper, marmite and seasoning powder. Cook over low heat till sauce thickens, for about 5 mins.
- Pour the marmite roux over sliced potato and pumpkin. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35-40 mins.