Taiwanese Chicken Popcorns 盐酥鸡
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
Revisiting these two Taiwanese recipes after I've finally found the bottle of spice salt 椒盐 which is essential for making the Taiwanese chicken popcorn! This will be our light lunch today. The kids will be thrilled to see their favourite chicken popcorn on the dining table!
Taiwanese Egg Pancake recipe click here
Taiwanese Chicken PopcornIngredient
- 600gm chicken fillet, cubed
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning powder
- 1/2 tbsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- sweet potato starch for coating
- 50gm sweet basil leaves
- pepper salt powder, 椒盐
- Marinate chicken fillet cubed with seasoning for at least 2 hrs or overnight.
- Heat a medium pot of oil. Evenly coat each chicken pieces with sweet potato starch. Deep fried in batches till golden brown. Deep fried basil leaves in batches with the chicken before dishing up. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Place fried chicken pops & basil leaves in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle over pepper salt powder and shake to coat evenly.