Coconut Marble Pound Cake
Sunday, September 10, 2017
Moist and tender pound cake infused with coconut milk with a little marble pandan flavour in between the cake, perfect cake for a lazy afternoon tea break! My kids could not wait to taste a slice after their lunch!
- 175gm unsalted butter
- 180gm fine sugar
- 3 eggs
- 225gm cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp shredded coconut
- 175ml Ayam brand coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp pandan paste
- 4 tbsp Ayam brand coconut milk
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (steamed lightly with a pinch of salt)
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter and sugar until light and pale.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Using low speed, beat in sifted flour mixture and alternate with coconut milk until well combined. Beat in shredded coconut.
- Remove 1/3 of the cake batter and fold in pandan paste.
- Ladle the plain and pandan cake batter alternately into a lined loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 50 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven. Use a metal skewer, pierce the surface of the cake all over. Drizzle in coconut milk and scatter shredded coconut over. Allow to cool in pan for 10 mins. Unmould onto wire rack to cool down completely before slicing.