Panna Cotta with Berries Sauce
Friday, September 1, 2017
This is my first time making/tasting this classic Italian dessert panna cotta. Initially I thought it will taste very rich but is actually light and creamy with a silky and smooth texture! Its really a wonderful after meal dessert.
- 330ml fresh milk
- 3 tsp powdered gelatin
- 70gm fine sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups berries (I used mixture of cranberry and strawberry)
- 3 tbsp fine sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pour milk into a saucepan. Sprinkle gelatinised evenly over the top. Let it soften for 5 mins until the surface of the milk is wrinkled and gelatin grains look wet. Stir the milk mixture.
- Turn on heat and cook over low heat, stirring frequently till gelatin is dissolved for about 5 mins. Do not allow the milk to boil or simmer. Remove the pan from fire if milk gets too hot.
- Add in sugar and stir well to dissolve. Turn off flame when sugar and gelatine are dissolved.
- Whisk in cream, vanilla and salt. Pour the mixture into individual cups, covered and chill for at least 4 hours to set before serving.
- To make berries sauce : Put berries into a saucepan, add in sugar and lemon juice. Cook over medium low heat for 5 mins until syrupy. Cool down to room temperature and spoon it over the top of chilled panna cotta.