Baked Sambal Chicken
Thursday, October 5, 2017
Going carboh-free for lunch today. I've prepared a real simply and yet delicious one pan baked sambal chicken loaded with greens and root vegetables at the side! The kids enjoyed this baked dish tremendously and polished up all the sides! And yes they were fighting over the golden spiced crisp baked chicken skin. 😅😅
- 1 medium chicken, abt 1-1.2 kg
- 1 pack Prima Taste Sambal Chilli Paste
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- thumb sized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lime, extract the juice
- handful of pandan leaves for lining the pan
Side accomplish : zucchini, potatoes, onion, carrots, broccoli, mushroom
- Combine sambal chilli paste, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, honey and lime juice and mix till well combined.
- Removed the backbone of the chicken. Turn over the chicken and press on the breastbone to flatten it. Rinse the chicken and pat dry thoroughly. Rub the marinade (reserved some for basting) all over the chicken and allow to marinate overnight in fridge.
- On the day of baking, remove the chicken from fridge and bring it to room temperature. Line a baking pan with pandan leaves. Place the marinated chicken over. Scatter your favourite greens & roots vegetables(lightly toss with some oil, pepper and salt) around the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 45 mins (baste the chicken with remaining marinade twice between baking time) until chicken is golden brown and crisp.